503 from the API

Bill Morris

Sep 4, 2013, 5:41:08 PM9/4/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
All's well with my demo app page setup, but I'm having API connection issues. Specifically, I get a 503 on page load, then the inevitable 404 when I try to submit a point:

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 503 (Service Unavailable) http://cvrpctest4.herokuapp.com/api/activity/?limit=20
POST http://cvrpctest4.herokuapp.com/api/places/ 404 (Not Found) jquery.min.js:4
oh no errors!!
d {collection: d, attributes: Object, _escapedAttributes: Object, cid: "c4", changed: Object…}

Object {readyState: 4, setRequestHeader: function, getAllResponseHeaders: function, getResponseHeader: function, overrideMimeType: function…}

Is there another API configuration step I'm missing here? I followed the Heroku deployment docs to the letter . . .

Thanks!

Frank Hebbert

Sep 6, 2013, 3:19:04 PM9/6/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill --

Can you check your heroku env settings, and send me the output directly (don't send your api key to the list!)

Run "heroku config --app appname" where appname is whatever you get back from running "heroku apps".

Frank

--
-- --
Shareabouts Developers group.

Frank Hebbert
OpenPlans | http://openplans.org | 720 432-2378 | @fkh

Bill Morris

Sep 6, 2013, 6:23:10 PM9/6/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the fix! It was indeed something pretty basic that I had missed: I used the wrong name for my Dataset Root. The fix got it working: