Max zoom 19?

Anthony Aisenberg

Feb 13, 2014, 11:50:51 PM2/13/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble getting a new instance to zoom to level 19.

I have set the max zoom in the config file to both 19 (and 20) but yet I can't get past zoom level 18.

Do we know if it is or isn't possible to get past zoom range 18?

Thanks,
Anthony.

Aaron Ogle

Feb 14, 2014, 10:03:44 AM2/14/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
It's definitely possible. By default, the max zoom of a Leaflet TileLayer is 18 so, unless you set maxZoom on the layer also, you won't request the tiles even if the maxZoom of the map is higher. A bit confusing, I know.

Try adding maxZoom: 19 to the layer section (where you see url and attribution). That should do it.

Aaron

--
-- --
Shareabouts Developers group.

Anthony Aisenberg

Feb 15, 2014, 4:24:13 AM2/15/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com

Anthony Aisenberg

Feb 15, 2014, 4:26:34 AM2/15/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Thank Aaron, but thats the trouble i'm finding.

Even when I have maxZoom: 19 in the layer section and still can't zoom in beyond level 18.

Have you been able to zoom in beyond level 18?

Thanks,
Anthony.

Aaron Ogle

Feb 15, 2014, 10:11:52 PM2/15/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Strange. Make sure that maxZoom is set to 19 for both the map config and the layer config. For example: https://gist.github.com/atogle/06760453b057ec34248f

Just ran that locally and it worked.

Aaron

Anthony Aisenberg

Feb 16, 2014, 1:14:08 AM2/16/14
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Excellent! Thanks Aaron, thats great.
All working now I could see what you meant with the link provided.
Cheers,
Anthony.