Deploying A Customized Flavor

Bill Morris

Sep 6, 2013, 6:43:49 PM9/6/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Having gotten one of the default flavors off the ground (thanks guys!), I've added just a few custom tweaks to the 'makebrooklynsafer' flavor and socked it into a new subdir of the git repo titled 'makebrooklynsafer2'. I then ran through the deployment steps listed for Heroku here, but it appears that no content made it to the front:

What did I miss here? I'm suspecting my git steps are to blame, though I couldn't say for sure. The config setup response tells me 'cvrpc5 has no config vars'. The orginal 'makebrooklynsafer' demo app is running from the same directory, but if the config vars were pointed at it instead, it still didn't work: http://cvrpctest4.herokuapp.com/

Thanks again for the assistance, and apologies for the flailing.

Frank Hebbert

Sep 6, 2013, 6:49:29 PM9/6/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
A few things to check...

Does your new flavor work locally (always a first test before deploying)?

Is your new flavor checked into your git repo? What do you see from "git status" -- anything listed as untracked?

Did you update the heroku config to set the flavor to "makebrooklynsafer2".

--
-- --
Shareabouts Developers group.

Frank Hebbert
OpenPlans | http://openplans.org | 720 432-2378 | @fkh

Bill Morris

Sep 7, 2013, 1:52:36 PM9/7/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Aha. I think it's item #2. Is that as simple as following these instructions?

Williams-MacBook-Pro:shareabouts wboykinm$ git status
# On branch master
# Untracked files:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
#
# src/flavors/makebrooklynsafer2/
nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

Aaron Ogle

Sep 9, 2013, 8:21:57 AM9/9/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Bill,
You'll want to add the files to your repository and then commit them. Try this from the project root:

git add src/flavors/makebrooklynsafer2/
git commit -m "Add new flavor"

Then this to check the status:
git status

You should see something like this if it worked:
nothing to commit, working directory clean

Good luck!
Aaron