Hosting sites for Shareabouts

Georgia Bullen

Nov 19, 2013, 8:47:50 PM11/19/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Hi All!

I  was wondering what everyone is using for hosting Shareabouts nowadays. Are people using dotcloud, heroku and webfaction? Or has anyone been successful hosting it themselves on another webserver setup? Just looking for additional options to support the class I teach!

Thanks!

-Georgia

Frank Hebbert

Nov 20, 2013, 12:46:53 PM11/20/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Hi Georgia --

We are using DotCloud, but probably not for much longer -- they are focusing on other projects and we haven't been thrilled with reliability.

For anyone getting started, I'd strongly advise using DotCloud or Heroku, rather than webfaction. Getting Shareabouts running on dotcloud is literally three commands and it's very well documented.

Let's talk off list about how we might be able to help your class with dotcloud hosting costs, since the free tier is - alas - no more.

Frank

--
-- --
Shareabouts Developers group.

Frank Hebbert
OpenPlans | http://openplans.org | 720 432-2378 | @fkh

Georgia Bullen

Nov 20, 2013, 1:17:11 PM11/20/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I was wondering if anyone has had luck with any of the webhosting services (rackspace or linode or others). I was debating actually setting up a self-hosted dotcloud or something like that.

Just curious!

I'll also talk with you offlist Frank.

-Georgia

----
Georgia Bullen

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Shareabouts Developers" group.