Address search option?

Anthony Aisenberg

Sep 24, 2013, 10:37:11 PM9/24/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys,

Do you know if it is possible to somehow include an address search field within Shareabouts?

I did a little search and came across OSM's Nomanatim (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Nominatim). Not sure if it could somehow be integrated.

This would be particularly helpful for instances with larger scale maps.

Many thanks,
Anthony.

Frank Hebbert

Sep 24, 2013, 11:44:41 PM9/24/13
to shareab...@googlegroups.com
There's no geocoding in the Shareabouts client at the moment, unfortunately, and we have no plans to add it.

I noted this repeat request in our issue tracker -- https://github.com/openplans/shareabouts/issues/27 (keen followers of Shareabouts will see that we've moved away from our old Freshdesk ideas forum).

Frank

--
-- --
Shareabouts Developers group.