Create Bulk Users

Till Streckwaldt

Feb 6, 2012, 8:31:06 AM2/6/12
to Share Extras Development
I'd like to use the Create Bulk Users-Addon for Alfresco Share, but I
have a
few problems. I'm fairly new to Alfresco and can't find anything about
creating users in general.

To use the addon I have to modify the create-users.post.config.xml,
but I
don't know which field-names are possible to use.
Can you point me to an entry in the Alfresco-Wiki, were the process is
described or maybe tell me the possible field-names?

Another thing is overriding the .xml-file, is it the normal process of
putting it in "\tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\extension"?

I'm using Alfresco Community 4.0, if that matters.

Yours sincerely,
Till

Florian Maul

Feb 6, 2012, 9:47:18 AM2/6/12
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
Hello Till,

1. I haven't used that extension but you would need to put the file to \tomcat\shared\classes\alfresco\extension\alfresco\templates\webscripts\org\sharextras\slingshot\admin

2. In case you have a active directory or LDAP server it's best tu use the synchronization feature:

3. You can use the Adminstration Console / Users to add users from a CSV file in 4.0. As far as I know you don't need the "create bulk users extension" any more with 4.0.

4. As an alternative when you need even more customization you can have a look at my blog:

Hope that helps,

Florian Maul
fme AG (Alfresco Partner)

Will Abson

Feb 6, 2012, 5:02:54 PM2/6/12
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com, Share Extras Development
Hi Till,

Thanks for posting your message. Regarding the issue itself, it should just be a case of dropping the JAR file into your Alfresco installation, as per the documentation.

The docs also mention that you can customise the behaviour of the add-on as you describe, but this is not necessary in order to use it.

As Florian mentions, there is a similar capability built into the Users console in Alfresco 4, so I would start with that an if you find you need some more advanced features then you should find this add-on useful.

Thanks,
Will

Sent from my iPhone