Custom client-side validation examples?

jpotts

Dec 29, 2011, 12:31:31 PM12/29/11
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying to help this person in the forums [1] who is looking for a custom field validation example. Sounds like he needs to do a validator where the validation depends on the values of two fields. I gave him some high-level, not-very-helpful advice, but thought maybe someone on this team knows of a specific project within Share Extras I could point him to.

Jeff

[1] https://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=42405&p=123819#p123819

Florian Maul

Dec 29, 2011, 1:37:03 PM12/29/11
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

I am not aware of any form validation examples in Share-extras but I posted another example to that thread. Hope it helps.

Florian

2011/12/29 jpotts <jeffp...@gmail.com>
I'm trying to help this person in the forums [1] who is looking for a custom field validation example. Sounds like he needs to do a validator where the validation depends on the values of two fields. I gave him some high-level, not-very-helpful advice, but thought maybe someone on this team knows of a specific project within Share Extras I could point him to.

Jeff

[1] https://forums.alfresco.com/en/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=42405&p=123819#p123819

Will Abson

Dec 30, 2011, 7:15:39 AM12/30/11
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff, there are some basic examples of applying form validation on the configuration dialogues of some of the dashlets.

I'd have to check which ones are good examples but from memory maybe the Twitter ones, the blog posts dashlet or possibly the SurveyMonkey one.

Where it is applied the validation is basic, but I've also asked a colleague who I think may have some more advanced examples.

Cheers,
Will

Sent from my iPhone