New add-ons for 4.0?

Will Abson

Oct 21, 2011, 7:18:45 AM10/21/11
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Following up from my email yesterday, one other possibility which I
didn't highlight is the possible new add-ons which can be developed,
or at least made much easier to develop/install/use etc. in 4.0.

I'm planning on talking about this at Devcon in London on Day 2, so if
you have any ideas for new add-ons that are now possible with 4.0,
please let me know and I'll consider including these.

This is the initial list of ideas I thought of

Social dashlets and document actions - using the new (user-specific)
OAuth support in Share Extras
Custom doclib actions - now it is much easier to configure these into the app
Themes - expecting more interest in these now that they can be site-specific
Page definitions - now the extensibility improvements and samples make
developing these much easier
Custom datalist action(s) - since I'm not aware of any public examples of these
Custom site component - again, not aware of any public examples and
would be good to have

Cheers,
Will.