Share-extras installation and configuration

Stanislav Sokolko

Jul 16, 2012, 7:08:04 AM7/16/12
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
Hello, all!
I'm trying to make "Media Preview" extras work on Alfresco. Can someone please tell me which config file I need to edit after copying <distfile>.jar to tomcat's lib dir on Alfresco 3.4.d? There seems to be something I need to do to enable my newly installed plugins...

Will Abson

Jul 16, 2012, 7:43:28 AM7/16/12
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stas, thanks for posting on the mailing list.

The wiki page (http://code.google.com/p/share-extras/wiki/MediaViewers)
has instructions on installing and configuring the add-on.

I believe the information you are after is in the *Configuration*
section on that page. Please let us know if that helps.

Regards,
Will

Stanislav Sokolko

Jul 16, 2012, 7:49:12 AM7/16/12
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
Hi, Will!
As for Alfresco 3, there are no config instructions in the article. It says: "No additional configuration is required for the 0.x/1.x version of the add-on in Alfresco3". So I've tried checking out the source and building it with ant, downloading pre-built bundle, but nothing seems to work. So I put my jar-file to tomcat's lib dir and restart alfrfesco. But nothing changes: my Alfresco doesn't want to activate my newly installed plugins

Will Abson

Jul 16, 2012, 7:57:05 AM7/16/12
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
Of course, you are correct. So in that case, you should not need to do
anything further, since the add-on is 'activated' automatically.

The add-on is much more basic in Alfresco 3, and only two of the
viewers are supported, but when you view an audio or a video file in
the Document Details page, you should see a Flash viewer that you can
use to play the content.

Is this what you are expecting to see?

Thanks,
Will
> --
> "Share Extras Development" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/share-extras-devel/-/Bmzu5uefsNQJ.

Stanislav Sokolko

Jul 16, 2012, 8:00:33 AM7/16/12
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
Will, I'd actually like to use pdf.js from the package rather than the standart pdf viewer :) That's my greatest wish :)

Will Abson

Jul 16, 2012, 8:22:41 AM7/16/12
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
I had thought that might be the case, but unfortunately Alfresco 3
offers only limited options for extending the built-in document
viewers, and for that reason the newer viewers are only provided for
Alfresco 4.

So the answer is you'll need to upgrade to Alfresco 4 if you want to
use the pdf.js viewer, but then there are many good reasons to do that
as well as the fact that you'll get a much richer set of add-ons.

Cheers,
Will

On 16 July 2012 13:00, Stanislav Sokolko <sok...@rambler.ru> wrote:
> Will, I'd actually like to use pdf.js from the package rather than the
> standart pdf viewer :) That's my greatest wish :)
>
> --
> "Share Extras Development" group.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/share-extras-devel/-/_bK_ULp2l3UJ.

Stanislav Sokolko

Jul 16, 2012, 10:58:31 PM7/16/12
to share-ext...@googlegroups.com
Thank you, Will. Your help is really appreciated. I'll upgrade to 4 and try it)