[Home Grown Families] Celebrating Family with Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3~ #PapiSpeaks

Melissa + Tiffany @ Home Grown Families

Sep 22, 2012, 8:13:24 PM9/22/12
to share...@googlegroups.com
Home Grown Families main goal is to show others how being a home grown family is easier than you think.  We know that home grown families come in all different shapes and sizes and, in the end, it's really about how YOU celebrate your family.

In my family, we travel.  We leave home base and go somewhere new as often as we possibly can.  This Summer, we started June with a 2,500 miles trek across the Eastern States.

First, we went to Ohio, then stayed a night in West Virginia.  After WV, we went to Charlotte-Concord, NC and visited The Great Wolf Lodge for a few days.  The kids played while Mommy worked.

Then, we went to The Outer Banks, NC and stayed in The Outer Banks Inn while we explored the coast of NC.  That was a special treat as we have never been there before!  It's absolutely gorgeous!

Then we headed back to The Charlotte area to visit family.  A night in Virginia on our way home rounded out or excursion.

In February of this year, we spent some time with family in SC.  Here we are at the Childrens Museum in Greenville...

...and then hit up Jamestown in VA on the way home.  We stayed overnight somewhere in VA and had a GREAT time learning about the colony before Plymouth Rock.  I highly recommend it to anyone~ if you have the chance, go!

Our year started in December with a pre-Christmas trip to Disney World in Orlando, FL,and also included trips to DC, and New Jersey.  We have been all over the place!

I know that not everyone can travel like we do, but if you want to spend more time together, this is a great way to do it.  We have had so many learning opportunities on our trips and I have had the chance to watch my girls grow and mature, adapt, learn and have their eyes opened to so much!  It has been a blessing to be able to spend time with my kids this way!

You don't have to be rich to travel.  I am a single mom and I can manage it!  Here are some things I do to make it affordable for us:
  • travel in the off season~ there are HUGE discounts!
  • pick a hotel chain~ sign up for their rewards program and stay only at that hotel when you're on the road.  The points add up quickly for free nights!
  • pack your own food!  This can be a pain and there is definitely a learning curve, but bringing your meals can save you a ton of cash!
  • look for deals locally~ this time of year is the perfect time to hit up your local amusement parks! Most stay open on weekends through Halloween and offer HUGE discounts to get you there in this cooler weather.

Home Grown Families is so excited for the opportunity to let you know that Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3 is now available on DVD!  My girls LOVE these movies and were so excited to get #3!
Join Papi (voiced by George Lopez) and his two- and four-legged family as they move into a posh Beverly Hills hotel, complete with a luxurious doggy spa. But there's trouble in puppy paradise when Rosa, the littlest member of the pack, feels smaller and less special than ever. Now it's up to Papi to help Rosa find - and celebrate - her inner strength, which turns out to be bigger than she ever dreamed.
Who doesn't love George Lopez?

Order Beverly Hills Chihuahua 3 here or find it at your local retailers!

LIKE BHC on FB in the box below, find out more on the Disney site and enter your dog in Papi's FB contest!

I was compensated for writing this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Disney blogging program. The opinions and ideas expressed here are my own. To read more posts on this topic, click here.

We were provided with a product to review, and we have provided our honest opinion as mothers. Thank you to the sponsoring company for working with HGF. You can view our complete PR policies here.

We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commissions 16 CFR, Part 255 Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

--
Posted By Melissa + Tiffany @ Home Grown Families to Home Grown Families at 9/22/2012 08:13:00 PM