Declutter the home for your life

Ray Johnson

Nov 27, 2013, 7:14:47 PM11/27/13
to share...@googlegroups.com

If I where asked why I do not find it a problem to declutter someone home, I would give several reasons on the importance of good health for long life.  When I enter a residence and see a home that I could never live in, I never start with a lecture on cleanliness. My first approach is to relax the homeowner and give them the impression that I am not a critic, just someone who cares about there hauling issue. I always know the client is well aware of the condition of their property; they can see endless items which they may not know what to do with, the owner may just need someone who will be concerned and get them through what may be an emotional ordeal.  It should be mention, for some who accumulate volumes of personal memories; the thought of inhaling airborne infections may be the risk they take to protect the things they love most. Know homeowner wants to endanger their life, but how does a homeowner throwaway belonging, which may have given them a reason to live. Can you imagine walking into you storage room and rediscovering you daughter’s first computer or you sons telescope and thinking back on how those moments in time changed your way of thinking or how they helped you develop as a human being. We cannot go back to those moments, which may have given comfort, so maybe we should throw all those items out, or may not. What ever we decide to do, it may be time for a new beginning.

For years it was normal practice for a junk hauler to remove items from the curbside. An agreement would be made and the pickup would be performed as specified if hauler and resident where in agreement. After the job was completed, a check would have been put in the mailbox or under the front door rug, which would be payment for service. This was a practice, which was done by close niche communities. Later in the transition of hauling junk, the items would be put in the garage or driveway leading to the garage area. In my opinion, it is always the best for the homeowner to put their clutter in the garage. When the owner’s discarded belonging are put in this area, it makes easy for the junk hauler to remove them in a rapid and safe manner.

These are just a few reminders on the importance of getting rid of clutter in the home and ways of satisfying the homeowner. For more tips, please read my other post. My job here is to make your life clutter free.