#Shakespeare400 Bonus Song- Marlowe's "Live With Me and Be My Love"

Donna

Jul 12, 2016, 10:51:28 PM7/12/16
to Shakespeare Saturdays

Shakespeare Saturdays is proud to reflect on the last 6 months of the #Shakespeare400 Sheet Music project.  Scroll down the page http://www.moonbeam.net/dks/composer-shakespeare.shtml to see the highlighted titles that were rolled out on the 23rd of each month.  You can click and order any of the Sheet Music options at any time.  Meanwhile, Resident Composer Donna Stearns is rolling out a Bonus Song tonight!  “Live With Me and Be My Love” is now available and the YouTube recording features baritone Josh Alexander.

Sometimes song text in Shakespeare’s plays were written by his contemporaries.  “Live With Me and Be My Love” was written by Christopher Marlowe, and then Shakespeare adapted some of the phrases to include in “The Merry Wives of Windsor” (comically sung by the character Sir Hugh Evans).  So, the Bonus Song is Marlowe’s text (which Shakespeare adapted for “Merry Wives”), and Stearns’ original music is set to Marlowe’s original text.

(There will still be a different song rolled out on the 23rd!)

To Purchase the Sheet Music:

Buy your copy for $5 via PayPal via this link to Donna’s “Live With Me and Be My Love” Page- http://www.moonbeam.net/dks/composer-shakespeare-LWMABML.shtml  (If clicking the link doesn’t take you to this Music Page, just copy/paste into your browser.)

A sample page of the sheet music is next to the video clip to display the lowest & highest notes sung.  The song is recorded in D major, but if you prefer a different key, please email do...@moonbeam.net to make a key request.  The sheet music can be transposed based on a key request or by emailing Donna the top note of your vocal range.  Once payment is received, you’ll receive a Vocal-Piano arrangement PDF to your email address as well as an mp3.  The music is written out but also has chords above the staves.  (Please note that the mp3 is only available in the recorded key of D major even though the sheet music can be transposed to any key.)

Hope you enjoy the music, and please spread the word, and thank you for your support!

Live with me, and be my love,

And we will all the pleasures prove

That hills and valleys, dales and fields,

And all the craggy mountains yield.

There will we sit upon the rocks,

And see the shepherds feed their flocks,

By shallow rivers, by whose falls

Melodious birds sing madrigals.

There will I make thee a bed of roses,

With a thousand fragrant posies,