#Shakespeare400's final Sheet Music/Song

Donna

Jan 6, 2017, 7:15:47 PM1/6/17
to Shakespeare Saturdays

Happy New Year!  Before Jason and I left for family holidays that took us out-of-town, we published the YouTube recording of the final #Shakespeare400 song on Dec. 23rd.  If you haven’t seen it, though, it’s my pleasure to include all the info below.  Meanwhile, I want to take this opportunity to say what a pleasure it was for me to work with Clara Barton Green, Ray Allen Fritz, and Josh Alexander on each of the monthly roll-outs in 2016.  The final #Shakespeare400 song, which describes the season, is recorded by Ray Allen Fritz.  I’ve titled it “Winter” – it’s from “Love’s Labour’s Lost” (and begins with the 1st line “When icicles hang by the wall”).  Click on the link below to hear Ray Allen Fritz, singing Shakespeare’s words with music composed by Donna Stearns.

To Purchase the Sheet Music:

Buy your copy for $5 via PayPal via this link to Donna’s “Winter” Page- http://www.moonbeam.net/dks/composer-shakespeare-WINTER.shtml (If clicking the link doesn’t take you to this Music Page, just copy/paste into your browser.)

A sample page of the sheet music is next to the video clip and displays the lowest note – the pitch C# - circled (on the Tenor Clef).  The highest note is the high F# but it appears on a different page.  The vocal range is an octave and a 4th.  The song is recorded in D# minor but if you prefer a different key, please email do...@moonbeam.net to make a key request.  The sheet music can be transposed based on a key request or by emailing Donna the top note of your vocal range.  Once payment is received, you’ll receive a Vocal-Piano arrangement PDF to your email address as well as an mp3.  The music is written out but also has chords above the staves.  (Please note that the mp3 is only available in the recorded key of D# minor even though the sheet music can be transposed to any key.)

Hope you enjoy the music, and please spread the word, and thank you for your support!

When icicles hang by the wall,

And Dick the shepherd blows his nail,

And Tom bears logs into the hall,

And milk comes frozen home in pail,

When blood is nipp’d, and ways be foul,

Then nightly sings the staring owl:

                              “To who,

To whit, to-whoo!”- a merry little note,

While greasy Joan doth keel the pot.

When all aloud the wind doth blow,

And coughing drowns the parson’s saw,

And birds sit brooding in the snow,

And Marian’s nose looks red and raw,

When roasted crabs hiss in the bowl,

Then nightly sings the staring owl:

                              “To who,

To whit, to-whoo!”- a merry little note,

While greasy Joan doth keel the pot.

About #Shakespeare400:

2016 marked 400 years since William Shakespeare’s death, and worldwide, this great playwright received special recognition throughout the year through his plays, adaptations, inspired works, exhibits, and music.  Shakespeare Saturdays participated by offering sheet music to Shakespeare songs– with music composed by Donna Stearns, Resident Composer and set to Shakespeare text.  All sheet music remain available for purchase.

Here’s to Shakespeare!

Happy Holidays!