Feb. 11th Event- SEEKING Panelists, Singers, Actor/Models

Donna

Jan 29, 2017, 5:43:14 PM1/29/17
to Shakespeare Saturdays

Seeking Panelists & Singers & Actor/Models

Confirmed panelists so far are Beverly Bullock (ShakespeareNYC) & Gerit Quealy (writer/historian/dramaturg), joining Resident Composer Donna Stearns.  Seeking a female Fight Choreographer to join the panel.  Also seeking female actors (to model costumes and weaponry).  Offer is out to one singer, but female singers may email me interest to sing a couple of Shakespeare songs/solos.  Description of the event is as follows:

****************
Saturday, February 11th
Inwood Branch, NYPL, 4790 Broadway (1 block from Dyckman St)
3:00-4:30 PM Theatre Panel:
Shakespeare Saturdays Salutes- "Step It Up for Gender Equality"

The U.N. initiative "Step It Up for Gender Equality" adds an important voice for women's rights, among other gender concerns.  Shakespeare Saturdays takes a look at Gender Equality Issues in Theatre with a panel of Women Designers.  Please join us for a panel discussion where Women Directors, Costumers, Fight Choreographers, Writer/Historian/Dramaturg and Resident Composer Donna Stearns tell their stories.  We're making it fun with a fashion show too (since Fashion Week will be in full swing!).  The runway segment will showcase attire and weaponry you might see in a Shakespeare production, as the panelists point out how the Design Team makes their decisions.

Event is free and open to the public

    Two U.N. links are http://www.unwomen.org/en/get-involved/step-it-up & http://www.unwomen.org/en/get-involved/step-it-up/about  Since the event is free, there is no pay, unfortunately, but I'll spring for the 1st round of beer.  Please email me if you'd like to be involved in this event at do...@moonbeam.net (and write Feb. 11th Event in the Subject Line).

Thank you - looking forward to your submissions!
Donna Kendall Stearns
www.ShakespeareSaturdays.com