Release announcements deprecated - use GitHub

Joey Parrish

Jun 28, 2022, 12:58:40 PM6/28/22
to Shaka Player Users, Shaka Packager Users
Hi everyone,

Since the very early days of Shaka, we have been announcing releases on mailing lists.  However, since late 2018, you can now subscribe to release notifications on GitHub.

To streamline the release process and cut out the manual step of emailing lists, we have decided to stop announcing releases via email.

To subscribe to GitHub release notifications for your favorite Shaka project, follow the instructions in this blog post.

Thanks!
-Joey, on behalf of The Shaka Team