Announcing Shaka Player v3.2.1, v3.1.3, and v3.0.14

Joey Parrish

Oct 14, 2021, 3:13:22 PM10/14/21
to Shaka Player Users
Hi everyone,

We are pleased to announce the release of Shaka Player v3.2.1, v3.1.3, and v3.0.14.  There are many important fixes in these releases.

As a reminder, we are no longer releasing fixes for v2.5, as the burden of backporting fixes has become too high.  We apologize for any inconvenience.

Fixes in v3.2.1:
  - Work around override of MediaCapabilities polyfill in Apple browsers
  - Fix video poster when autoplay is disabled
  - Fix tracking of active variant track in live streams
  - Fixes updating of nested cues
  - Fix ttml erroneously dismissing cues
  - Fix control panel alignment in UI
  - Export missing polyfill install methods
  - Dispose of ad manager on player detach
  - Add ResizeObserver to CS ad manager
  - Avoid seeking on src when start time is 0
  - Tolerate misaligned TS files
  - Account for server-side ad cue points in external text tracks
  - Fix stopping of Server Side Ad manager
  - Fix DRM workaround for Tizen and Xbox with ac-3 boxes
  - Fix DRM workaround for Tizen and Xbox with avc3 boxes
  - Fix BUFFER_READ_OUT_OF_BOUNDS error when CEA caption packets are empty
  - Fix error when un-storing DRM asset
  - Fix CC parsing of EPB and v1 TKHD boxes
  - Always polyfill MediaCapabilities for Apple browsers
  - Add Support to iOS 12 in MediaCapabilities polyfill
  - Add support to file type in MediaCapabilities implementation
  - Display captions with forward slashes
  - Add support to file type in MediaCapabilities polyfill
  - Use "undetermined" for missing CC language
  - Fix FairPlay playback
  - Exit PiP when destroying UI

As many of these fixes as possible have been backported to v3.1 and v3.0.  Some did not apply because they related to features introduced in a later branch.

Full details are available in the changelog.

Changelog: https://github.com/google/shaka-player/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md
Upgrade guides: https://shaka-player-demo.appspot.com/docs/api/tutorial-upgrade.html
Demo: https://shaka-player-demo.appspot.com/
Docs: https://shaka-player-demo.appspot.com/docs/api/index.html