NeHe Tutorials

1 view

Hicks, Matt

May 18, 2011, 4:48:56 PM5/18/11
to sgin...@googlegroups.com
First of all I'd like to apologize for the forum being down.  I've been sidetracked on other things and just realize it had gone down.  It is back up now and running with the most recent version of SMF so hopefully it won't do that again.

Second, I'd like to let everyone know that the OpenGL generator is to a functional place now and have started porting the NeHe tutorials over to Sgine for example and testing purposes.  I'm hopeful that someone else will be interested in continuing this as it's time consuming but very valuable.  The only major hurdle is fixed pipeline is not available in GLES, so it's not available in Sgine either.  To see Lesson 2 that I've already ported have a look here:

http://code.google.com/p/sgine/source/browse/opengl/nehe/src/main/scala/org.sgine.opengl.nehe/Lesson02.scala

Note that the code there will work on both LWJGL and Android without any code changes.

I'm starting work on the rendering abstraction this week, so hopefully there will be more to see soon.

Please drop an e-mail to the mailing list if you're interested in porting the NeHe tutorials, I know many of you have expressed interest in helping Sgine and this would be of great help and a great way to learn more OpenGL.

Thanks,

Matt