OpenCL + OpenGL?

Hicks, Matt

Feb 15, 2011, 1:23:56 PM2/15/11
to sgin...@googlegroups.com
Would it make sense to revise Sgine to focus more on OpenCL and interoperation with OpenGL? I was reading this tutorial: http://www.cmsoft.com.br/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=99&Itemid=150 and thought this would give an extreme boost in performance if a DSL could be created for Sgine that uses both OpenCL and OpenGL.

Thoughts?

Hicks, Matt

May 6, 2011, 9:20:38 AM5/6/11
to sgin...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, I've done some work with that one as well as AMD's Aparapi (http://developer.amd.com/zones/java/aparapi/pages/default.aspx).  The latter seems to have more promise as a concept, but not as nice to work with being Java instead of Scala.

On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 6:51 AM, philip <phili...@gmail.com> wrote:
I saw a Scala OpenCL DSL lately. Just google "scala opencl".
http://code.google.com/p/scalacl/

Might be others out there.

On Feb 16, 2:23 am, "Hicks, Matt" <mhi...@captiveimagination.com>