Compatibility of SGE 6.1 with Linux 2.6.18-8.1.15-RHEL kernel?

shenkin

Jul 17, 2008, 12:33:07 PM7/17/08
to Grid Engine Life Science SIG
Hi,

We have a report from a user of our (Schrodinger's) software to the
effect that when jobs are submitted to nodes that have a 2.6.18-8.1.15-
RHEL kernel, they show up in SGE as running, but do not actually start
up, create load, or produce output on the compute node. A downgrade to
2.6.18-8.1.14-RHEL.

Has anyone else seen this? The problematic kernel is shipped with
Scientific Linux 5.0. (This equals RHEL 5.0, I am told.)

-P.

shenkin

Jul 17, 2008, 12:59:52 PM7/17/08

On Jul 17, 12:33 pm, shenkin <shen...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We have a report from a user of our (Schrodinger's) software to the
> effect that when jobs are submitted to nodes that have a 2.6.18-8.1.15-
> RHEL kernel, they show up in SGE as running, but do not actually start
> up, create load, or produce output on the compute node. A downgrade to
> 2.6.18-8.1.14-RHEL.

I should have said "A downgrade to 2.6.18-8.1.14-RHEL fixed the
problem"

-P.