Emigrate - Something worth pondering

satanshit

Nov 1, 2003, 11:59:20 AM11/1/03
This is something for you to ponder...read and Think about it!!!!

You know what ... I really, really agree with whoever this person is.
In

Singapore, the rich get richer, the poor gets poorer. Like the
government
who always plan ahead for Singaporeans, Singaporeans should also plan
ahead for themselves and what is good for them, especially in 5 or 10
yrs
ahead. We have no leader (PAP) to help us, just busine$$ minded
government
who want$ more money to maintain their stable income & lifestyles.
I can see that living in Singapore, there is no such thing as win-win
situation, but the other way around for the next 5-10 years.

Take a look at this scenario:
For the Singaporean guys, you studied hard in school to get an
education, grew up, serve NS and come out seeing all the jobs in the
market that you have to compete for with foreign workers who can't even
speak or write proper English, I mean, what's up with that, not to
mention poor taste of everything. We're not talking about cleaning or
contractor job here man, we're talking about normal jobs like
technician,
engineering, private sector and even, middle management posts.
In short, Singaporean works for government to protect and provide it
stability. However, foreigners work in Singapore to make Singapore
economy richer while draining away our currencies, our people's talent
and our motivation to live a better life.
CPF is like money for you to spend in hospital when you're old.
(Give back to them)
And you think you want a BMW at 65 yrs old or travel the world?
ERP is useless, you still pay but traffic still isn't that smooth
anyway.
HDB is just a small living space for us to live up to 99 yrs.
COE is like asking permission from government to drive car for 10 years
NS is an obligation like protecting PAP and their properties.
Income tax is like paying for more useless stuff for the government to
built, like Esplanade, more upgraded bigger army camps with high tech
stuff, etc.. but never, bigger HDB flats.
GST is like giving $5 back to government for every $100 you spent.
Public transport is cheaper than cars... i.e you don't mind squeezing
and standing for half and hour.
Emigration may be the answer for some Singaporeans since the government
don't want to appreciate Singapore people with talents, then why not
let

them help to build other nations and lead a better way of LIFE. You
can't RIOT in Singapore, cause every educated Singaporean knows its
stupid. Guess we'll all suffer in silence, for all our loved ones, and
just wait n see ...

Date : 28 Aug 2003

I draw 1700 dollars a month with no increment for the last 3 years. My
mum draws 500 dollars a month. We have long working hours, and rarely
get to see each other. After CPF 20% cut and other taxes, we can barely
make it through the end of the month.
Yet we have a rude shock when we both found out we are the third
highest

paid workers in the world. Our PAP Government has just told us that we
draw higher salaries than even Australia and USA! Our unemployment
problem is due to the Singapore Citizen's fault. Our Salaries are just
too high.
Well, just a few years ago, the PAP government says they were going to
resume CPF to 40%. Now, the tune has changed. We are paid too high. Cut
CPF. At the same time the signal is being sent that salaries should not
be paid too high. Remember? China and India much cheaper. Yes! But does
the cost of a car or a house the same as the cost in Singapore?
Next year, GST increases to 5% and everybody pays. This they keep mum.
Our ministers and MPs are the highest paid in the whole world. They get
millions a year. Each constituency have 3 or 4 MPs. PAP is a big party.
Singapore is very small island! Do we need so many MPs? So many civil
servants are redundant, overpaid and highly inefficient.
Here we have a government who thinks they know best and never consults
the citizen of any decision that's made. In these times of difficulties
we have a $650 million Esplanade splurge.

Plus:
We have a transport minister whose main priority isn't transport
efficiency but profits.
We have the first driverless system that cost the citizen's transport
extra and breaks down frequently since its 1st use. We were told the
fully automated system was developed to keep running cost down. Yet
we're required to pay a lot more for it. And it comes free value-added
random breakdown feature to 'attract' passengers! We have a government
who on one hand splurge on the Esplanade but scrimp on HDB upgrades on
the other. Who won't learn after repeated mistakes of bankrupt contractors
delaying the upgrading project time and again? It is only after flare
ups do they take attention to the issue. Have they gone so fat in the
middle that they have gone thick in the head?? PAP is entirely faultless,
so they claimed. I see now an increasingly bleak future for Singapore.
The government has a death gripe on the enterprises here and practices
pseudo-deregulations and privatizations. They have no directions. Despite
top scholarly decisions made, Singapore's economy is going down, down,
down. And now, to top it all, they have resorted to pointing fingers
shifting blames. The lowest of the low. Our salaries are higher than the
US (what a joke).

Now we can all look forward to work till the end of our lives trying to
pay up mortgage and have an absolutely zero quality of life. I can barely
survive on my own, much less talk about getting married and having children.
I guess that option is reserved for the PRs and the expats. I am in a
country where Singaporeans and its government look down on its own
Singaporean citizens. Where they give all the key roles and development to
Angmoh expats and PRs. Seems to me as the day goes by that the quitters are
winners and losers are stayers. Ask yourself today, do you want a better
quality of life? Will and can Singapore gives you a better quality of life?
Make a decision today. You'll feel better after you know where to go. For
those who want a better quality of life? Make plans. The PAP has
shortchanged
you and makes you slave to their system till the end of your days. Only you
can change your life.

Emigrate when the time is right.