SCV modem difficulty

1 view

Jonathan

Apr 5, 2002, 7:26:14 PM4/5/02
Hi, my cable modem works fine when connected to any one of my 3 computers.
However when I connect through my SMC baricade router, it does not work. It
used to work till about 3 days ago. Since then I can only have one comp
accessing the Net at one time by switching the Cat5 cables at teh cable
modem and reseting the modem... any solutions? Thanks in advance

regds
Jonathan

pls email jw_...@yahoo.com with your suggestions... I'm quite clueless at
this point.

sohaib

Apr 5, 2002, 11:53:30 PM4/5/02
i think you are having difficulty with assignment of IP addresses...
so here's my 1 cent suggestion...
1. switch off everything... all computers, routers, SCV cable modem
2. first thing you switch ON is SCV cable modem...
3. second thing you switch ON is router...
4. and then switch on the machines connected to the router...

hopefully it'll solve the problem...

cheers,
sohaib

"Jonathan" <jw_...@yahoo.com> wrote in message