UWH for children starts October 17!

Gustavo Pesce

Oct 7, 2008, 1:05:21 AM10/7/08
to San Francisco Underwater Hockey google group
Hi folks - I am joyous to announce that after 7 months of work with San Francisco Rec and Parks the San Francisco's own "Children Underwater Hockey" program will start next week.

Renata, Joey, Nico, Mark Voelker and me will be the initial volunteer coaches. We would love to have more coaches, volunteer candidates send me an email.

The class will be Fridays at the King pool (3rd St and Carroll) 7:30 to 8:30. The target age range is 9 to 14 (not rigorous)

The class will be a city activity. In 2009 participants will need to register with the city program coordinator and pay swim class script tickets.

Rec and Parks is buying us fins, masks, snorkels, gloves, junior pucks and headsets.

Think of any children that you know and consider telling them about the class! We will slowly start promotional activities in schools. We have a small group of children to start now and get going.

During 2008 the classes are free. Starting in 2009 it will cost $6/day.

Welcome the "Sea Lions Next Generation"! hip-hip, hooray!

Cheers,

Gus

Gypsy...@aol.com

Oct 7, 2008, 1:40:05 AM10/7/08
to sf...@googlegroups.com
Ease Dropper   here, That is way cool this will be great information to pass on to the contact I am currently working with in Denver at the boys and girls Club of America. And thanks for passing on that info on the format, it will be helpful.
It would be great if you could get some film shots and get it to me so I can air on Public Access Television Stations. I will be attending a media conference later this month here in Denver that will help  network the broadcasting community http://www.accesswithoutborders.org/ hope you will be able to get me some footage to share with others in this country.  The host organization is out of Sacramento.
Congratulations  you have the coolest club in the USA now
Jesse Cordova

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out!