Anthill

Ted Oliverio

Jun 25, 2013, 10:27:06 AM6/25/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Was poking around the wiki and just discovered this rather cool tool that shows 9-at-a-time (plus the global-hash):

http://tjum.anthill.de/cgi-bin/geohash.cgi?&unit=mi&zoom=11%2F5&type=roadmap&lat=37.5&lon=-121.5&size=240x240&nr=o

(Starter kit: http://tjum.anthill.de/geohash.html )

--
"Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Journal", 1838

Anthony Argyriou

Jun 25, 2013, 11:52:44 AM6/25/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
You mean you *weren't* using that when you were giving us weekend reports? Wow. I did it manually a couple of times, but tjum.anthill.de makes it *so* much easier.

Anthony

Anne Ogborn

Jun 25, 2013, 2:27:30 PM6/25/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Ted - You know I've just been building a map myself -

http://www.pathwayslms.com:19049/index.htm

which shows the 9 points.  I'm going to put a little map in the popup that defaults to satellite
but haven't done it yet.

Use it, gimme requests, I'm activily working on it now.

http://tjum.anthill.de/cgi-bin/geohash.cgi?&unit=mi&zoom=11%2F5&type=roadmap&lat=37.5&lon=-121.5&size=240x240&nr=o

Ted Oliverio

Jun 25, 2013, 11:11:48 PM6/25/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com

On Jun 25, 2013, at 8:52 AM, Anthony Argyriou <argy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You mean you *weren't* using that when you were giving us weekend reports?

I know, right?! I saw that tool and just did a face-palm... :)

--
Never vote. It only encourages them...

Anne Ogborn

Jun 26, 2013, 12:58:02 PM6/26/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com, goo...@playnaked.com
Hey, Ted, todays hash point is pretty near you. Appears to be in back yard of a house, but...

It might be possible to walk through the woods behind the house and come up from the back

Ambassador award!

Ted Oliverio

Jun 26, 2013, 2:03:13 PM6/26/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Seems like it'd be easier to just knock on the door and ask if they mind if you take a picture of yourself in their back yard. :)

Vicki & I have late schedules today, so probably can't make it, but most folks up here are pretty friendly, I'd think someone would be open to the idea of geohashing.

It looks like the point is right on the edge of the flat-ish part, before it dives down into a deep ravine. Something to keep in mind if you attempt the Southern approach.

--
There's no fool like an old fool.
But some of you young fools are showing real promise!

Anne Ogborn

Jun 26, 2013, 2:30:31 PM6/26/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Go for it!