Today's SF spot: Kent Lake

1 view

Ted Oliverio

Jun 24, 2013, 12:24:35 PM6/24/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Today's SF spot looks to be in the South end of Kent Lake (near Bolinas Bay, N of Mt. Tam.)

I can't tell if it's accessible or not. There are only fire roads at the South end of the lake -- probably not approved for general use, but the North end appears approachable, maybe. Also unclear if one could drop a small raft/zodiac into the lake there then navigate to the S.end -- there appear to be several very shallow spots, and lots of log-jams visible from the satellite image.

Overall, if it =is= possible, it looks to be an excellent adventure. But, if it's not, it's probably just an exercise in frustration.

Still... :)

http://goo.gl/maps/FuF8M

--
When you scold a dog for chewing your sofa, he's sorry he chewed your sofa. When you scold a wolf for chewing your sofa, he's sorry you have such an unhealthy attachment to your sofa.

Anne Ogborn

Jun 24, 2013, 12:37:48 PM6/24/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Ted - Google satellite view shows tree trunks emerging from lake near the hash point.
This looks iffy. It'd be amazing if you did it, but I'd do some research about the lake first.

Still...    :)

    http://goo.gl/maps/FuF8M

Brendan Tracey

Jun 24, 2013, 1:47:39 PM6/24/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Wikipedia:

Kent Lake can be traversed or accessed by foot, bike, or horse from unpaved roads such as Pine Mountain road, which runs to the highest elevation, Kent Pump road which runs from the Alpine Lake dam down to the lake at low elevation, or Continental Cove road at the north. Visitors should be prepared for the size of the area and the mountainous terrain surrounding the lake

Anne Ogborn

Jun 24, 2013, 5:44:27 PM6/24/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com, Brendan Tracey

So, I'm in Menlo Park, if this is going to happen I'd be a drag along.   8cD

Annie