today

Anthony Argyriou

Dec 26, 2012, 4:37:41 PM12/26/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Today's San Francisco hashpoint is in Bernal Heights. I drove through it at lunchtime, and posted an expedition report here: http://wiki.xkcd.com/geohashing/2012-12-26_37_-122

Nothing too exciting - it's in front of a house on a steep residential street with no available parking. Lousy photo through my windshield at https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwMosRNdZnENTzdEeXRKdTlwcmM

Anthony

Mike Trieu

Dec 26, 2012, 8:25:26 PM12/26/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com

Well done, Anthony! I learned something new today: Google Docs can preview KML files in-browser. Thanks!

Ted Oliverio

Dec 26, 2012, 9:24:23 PM12/26/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com

On Dec 26, 2012, at 1:37 PM, Anthony Argyriou wrote:
> Today's San Francisco hashpoint is in Bernal Heights. I drove through it at lunchtime, and posted an expedition report here: http://wiki.xkcd.com/geohashing/2012-12-26_37_-122
>
> Nothing too exciting - it's in front of a house on a steep residential street with no available parking. Lousy photo through my windshield at https://docs.google.com/open?id=0BwMosRNdZnENTzdEeXRKdTlwcmM

Thanks for helping keep the group alive!

Looks like the SJ spot was in a trucking depot on 11th in Tracy. Could've been something of an adventure for anyone out that direction. :)

--
"If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're misinformed."
-- Mark Twain

Anne Ogborn

Dec 26, 2012, 10:54:00 PM12/26/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Darn!

Phone was discharged, I didn't pay attention.
I had work in Emeryville, I could have BARTed into city, done public transit,
and gotten public transit hash.

Anne Ogborn

Jan 2, 2013, 12:44:19 AM1/2/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
I did the SJ point by public transit today

http://wiki.xkcd.com/geohashing/2013-01-01_37_-121

FunkyTuba

Jan 2, 2013, 12:08:04 PM1/2/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com, sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Great job! Nice writeup!

On Jan 1, 2013, at 21:44, Anne Ogborn <anni...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I did the SJ point by public transit today
>
> http://wiki.xkcd.com/geohashing/2013-01-01_37_-121

Anne Ogborn

Jan 4, 2013, 1:17:42 PM1/4/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Today's hash is totally reachable, in the Ulistac Natural Area in San Jose just south of Alviso., along the Guadalupe river.

I'm thinking of going later today. It'd mean being bad re work, so I might not.

Sunday's hash looks like an athletic feat. Have to hike from 92.

Anthony Youhas

Jan 4, 2013, 6:11:19 PM1/4/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Oh, awesome! Thanks for pointing this out! The Ulistac Natural Area
is on the same road as my apartment complex, something under a mile
from my home. Not sure I'll be able to make it over there by the
official 4pm time or anything, but if I can pop over at any point
before sunset, I'll certainly do so. So if you see a bearded dude in
a navy-and-pumpkin striped sweater and an orange SF Giants cap, feel
free to say hi. :)

- Youhas

Anne Ogborn

Jan 4, 2013, 6:36:27 PM1/4/13