anyone drive through today's SJ hashpoint?

1 view

Anthony Argyriou

Mar 26, 2013, 12:53:53 PM3/26/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
It's *on* 85 NB between Fremont Blvd and El Camino Real.

Anthony

FunkyTuba

Mar 26, 2013, 1:06:04 PM3/26/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com, sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Heh, I can go to work that way... Not sure if I can get a GPS shot at that speed, but I'll go through it

On Mar 26, 2013, at 9:53, Anthony Argyriou <argy...@gmail.com> wrote:

It's *on* 85 NB between Fremont Blvd and El Camino Real.

Anthony

Anne Ogborn

Mar 26, 2013, 1:21:49 PM3/26/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Remember to claim 'Easy' and 'Unavoidable' achievements if this is somewhere you had to go anyway.

I'll go down there later. Anybody want to tag along?  I'm starting from Menlo Park.

Extra points for anybody who plays games at the hash point today!
(if we can get a couple people, playing 'the 101 game' would totally be appropriate)

________________________________
Mar 26, 2013, 1:22:48 PM3/26/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com

On Mar 26, 2013, at 9:53 AM, Anthony Argyriou wrote:
> It's *on* 85 NB between Fremont Blvd and El Camino Real.
> Anthony

Ooo, I'll be able to pick that one up on my way to a meeting. :)

I don't have a way to take pix while riding my motorcycle, but maybe I'll pull over and snap a quick one. Gonna miss the 4pm meetup (heh), but I'll be there at about 11:30am. White Gold Wing, if anyone wants to be in a group-photo. :)

(FYI, that's the SF hashpoint. SJ's is over in Patterson/Newman farm country.)

BCCs, this is what we're talking about:
http://wiki.xkcd.com/geohashing/Main_Page

--
"Perhaps we should begin by securing the outhouse."
Randall The Magnificent's idea of a battle plan.

FunkyTuba

Mar 26, 2013, 1:31:48 PM3/26/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com, sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com

image.png

Anthony Argyriou

Mar 26, 2013, 1:43:27 PM3/26/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
This is going to be one of the most visited hashpoints ever, though probably not quite as many as the one at the Bay Bridge toll plaza a few years ago - http://wiki.xkcd.com/geohashing/2009-11-28_37_-122

Anthony
image.png

Anne Ogborn

Mar 26, 2013, 8:01:31 PM3/26/13
to argy...@gmail.com, sfsj-geohash@googlegroups com

. I just went through the hash point

Mar 26, 2013, 9:15:57 PM3/26/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
I'm in a Panera not too far from the hashpoint.

I've updated the expedition page.

How many people finally went?

________________________________
May 10, 2013, 6:40:19 PM5/10/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Today's SF hash is just W of 280 in Palo Alto, in an undeveloped and probably public area.

Sadly, I'm in Fremont with a car that's being repaired.

Anthony Argyriou

May 10, 2013, 6:41:32 PM5/10/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com

Sunday has a point just off Palomares road, but it might be sometimes front yard.

On May 10, 2013 3:40 PM, "Anne Ogborn" <anni...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Today's SF hash is just W of 280 in Palo Alto, in an undeveloped and probably public area.

Sadly, I'm in Fremont with a car that's being repaired.

JC Dill

May 10, 2013, 9:00:21 PM5/10/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Can someone post a map URL? I will be driving past around 7:30

JC - Sent from my phone.