Memorial Day Hash

Ted Oliverio

May 27, 2013, 1:15:00 PM5/27/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
The SF spot is just a short distance from shore off the E end of the Richmond/San Rafael bridge. Or a short swim if you jump overboard from the ferry. ;)

Could be an easy sail (or windsurf, etc.) from any of the nearby marinas.

--
"Star Trek was the perfect metaphor for the American Family. The most important guy in the room sits in the biggest chair in front of the big-screen TV and tells everyone else what to do"
-Tom Rhodes

Anne Ogborn

May 27, 2013, 3:02:55 PM5/27/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
I know somebody who keeps a 26ft sailboat at Brisbane Marina, but nobody closer.

Anne Ogborn

May 27, 2013, 8:13:34 PM5/27/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
I talked to Lance - the boat can take4-6 people. It'd be a pretty cold, miserable day on the bay today,
and he was otherwise occupied anyway, but in general it's do-able, esp. on weekends if we can give him
advance warning.

The boat's in Brisbane Marina, so we should look for a hash near there and don our pirate gear some time.

Anne Ogborn

Jun 14, 2013, 7:30:49 PM6/14/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
This sunday's SF graticule hash point is a short distance north of highway 92 on a hill above
Crystal Springs Reservoir.

I've done some research - the point's on SFPUC private land, not open to public.

Anne Ogborn

Jun 18, 2013, 5:14:32 PM6/18/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to try for today's SJ point. I'm starting from Fremont. Intend to go about 6:30pm to avoid the worst of Niles Canyon traffic.

http://www.pathwayslms.com:19049/index.htm?maptype=google&centerlat=37.61847215551372&centerlong=-121.89032793045044&z=16&y=2013&m=6&d=18&lat=37&long=-121

Appears to be in a public area - there are trails

call 510 938 9168 if you want to go along. I can pick you up at the Fremont BART station.

Annie