Point by Livermore totally reachable tomorrow.

David Thomas

Nov 30, 2012, 11:29:57 PM11/30/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
I'll be getting off a plane around 3pm at SFO myself, but (assuming the plane lands anything like on time) will see about heading Livermore-wards thereafter, and should be able to get there in time to catch at least some of a meetup if it starts 4ish.  I've poked some people not on this list (so far as I'm aware) as well.

JC Dill

Nov 30, 2012, 11:59:09 PM11/30/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
It takes ~1 hour just to drive from SFO to Livermore, and that doesn't
include navigating thru rain-slowed and xmas-shopping Saturday traffic
(there's a new outlet mall in Livermore just off 580, which is causing
massive traffic jams on 580), or the time it takes from when you land to
when you get into a car and on the road.

jc

Anne Ogborn

Dec 1, 2012, 12:29:38 AM12/1/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
The chances of there actually being a random other person at a hash point at 4pm on a sat in bay area are near zero.

If you're renting a car, I'm currently in Fremont, would meet up with you in immediate area and go along  8cD

Anne Ogborn

Dec 1, 2012, 12:33:12 AM12/1/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Are you sure that's reachable?  Looks like back of a private house?

David Thomas

Dec 1, 2012, 1:48:31 PM12/1/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com

I am a lot more interested in getting people together than getting within epsilon of the destination.  It's not in wilderness miles from the nearest access or in huge swaths of private property - we can get pretty close pretty easy and that's pretty cool.  If we are able to hit it exactly, bonus, but this still seems better than most.

David Thomas

Dec 1, 2012, 1:46:10 PM12/1/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com

Do hash point meetups out here run short?  The couple I have attended were in MI and ran for a couple hours.

Weather was something I had overlooked - does anyone who knows Livermore better than I know a good alternative spot nearby that is sufficiently weatherproof?

On 30/11/12 8:29 PM, David Thomas wrote:
I'll be getting off a plane around 3pm at SFO myself, but (assuming the
plane lands anything like on time) will see about heading
Livermore-wards thereafter, and should be able to get there in time to
catch at least some of a meetup if it starts 4ish.  I've poked some
people not on this list (so far as I'm aware) as well.

David Thomas

Dec 1, 2012, 2:52:30 PM12/1/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com

Well, nevermind, flight is delayed.  One o' these days!

Anne Ogborn

Dec 1, 2012, 4:10:12 PM12/1/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
I've had something come up anyway, count me out.

Dec 10, 2012, 1:21:48 PM12/10/12
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
There's a hashpoint on the beach at half moon bay today.

Anne Ogborn

Jan 27, 2013, 3:24:00 PM1/27/13
to sfsj-g...@googlegroups.com
Today's Santa Rosa point is on a horse trail serviced by Five Brooks Ranch.

It's $40 to take a horse ride on a trail that directly crosses the hash point!

If you're interested in this insanity, I'm currently in South San Francisco, I'll be headed that direction in a couple hours, so call ASAP.

(510)938-9168