Memorial for Metin Uz

Rob Hawks

Jun 7, 2022, 10:43:51 AM6/7/22
to San Francisco Randonneurs Announcements, SF Randonneurs, calrando
Hello SFR members,

Metin's brother Mete has set up a date and location for a memorial gathering for Metin. The location is Radonich Ranch, and the date is June 19th. The time of day has not yet been fixed, but assume it will be in the 11am to 3pm time frame.

Metin's brother realizes that this is Father's Day and also somewhat short notice. However, he is trying to organize this here locally while living on the East Coast.

Could you please send me a note if you are 100% certain you will attend? This does not commit you, and does not exclude you if you are close to certain but not 1005, but it will help give Mete a ballpark estimate on attendees.

Thanks,
rob hawks

Greg Merritt

Jun 7, 2022, 10:55:38 AM6/7/22
to SF Randonneurs, calrando
All --

The link to Radonich Ranch looks to be correct, but the site seems to be down (at least for me, right now).

The location appears to be 25140 Highland Way, Los Gatos, CA 95033.

-Greg

Rob Hawks

Jun 7, 2022, 2:26:44 PM6/7/22
to San Francisco Randonneurs Announcements, SF Randonneurs, calrando
Hello all,

Several of you have asked about the appropriateness of arriving at the memorial by bicycle. I conveyed the question to Mete and he responded that they are ok with that. Mete did however point out that the venue owners mentioned the presence of gopher holes on the property and Mete also noted that the driveway may not be paved all the way. So, you would be 'at your own risk'.

Please do still send me a note if you are certain you will be there so that I can provide minimum numbers to Mete and family.

rob

Rob Hawks

Jun 9, 2022, 10:30:48 AM6/9/22
to San Francisco Randonneurs Announcements, SF Randonneurs, calrando
The time frame for the gathering has more precisely been listed:

The memorial gathering will be Sunday, June 19, noon-2pm Radonich Ranch: 5140 Highland Way, Los Gatos, CA 95033

The shorter timeframe is the result of the need for setup for a virtual option. More details on that later.

Also:

"Here is a board where people can post condolences and remembrances: https://www.kudoboard.com/boards/GUNeisqy
We're hoping to play this during the memorial."

 rob hawks

Carlin Eng

Jun 11, 2022, 2:10:29 PM6/11/22
to SF Randonneurs
If anyone from SF/East Bay is planning on attending the memorial service and would like to coordinate a carpool, send me an email. I have a car and am happy to either drive other folks down, or join another car as a passenger.

This message is from the San Francisco Randonneurs list at sfra...@googlegroups.com
Search the archives at http://groups.google.com/group/sfrandon
For SFR's schedule and general information, visit http://sfrandonneurs.org/

Rob Hawks

Jun 16, 2022, 10:57:40 PM6/16/22
to San Francisco Randonneurs Announcements, SF Randonneurs, calrando
Hello everyone,

Below are the details for joining the memorial for Metin via Zoom.

In another email I noted that the time frame will be 12:00 noon until 2pm on Sunday, June 19th.

There are about 30+ people from SFR that will attend with a few of those arriving by bicycle.

--------------

Join Zoom Meeting

https://amba.zoom.us/j/94529213219?pwd=MXhOb0tsaG9UV0VvS1c4bEs5KzVNdz09

Meeting ID: 945 2921 3219

Passcode: 247634

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,94529213219#,,,,*247634# US (San Jose)

+19294362866,,94529213219#,,,,*247634# US (New York)

Dial by your location

        +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

        +1 929 436 2866 US (New York)

        +49 69 3807 9884 Germany

        +49 69 3807 9883 Germany

        +39 021 241 28 823 Italy

        +39 020 066 7245 Italy

        +81 3 4579 0545 Japan

        +81 3 4578 1488 Japan

        +886 (2) 7741 7473 Taiwan

        +44 131 460 1196 United Kingdom

Meeting ID: 945 2921 3219

Passcode: 247634

Find your local number: https://amba.zoom.us/u/aeoClTCsKJ

Eric Walstad

Jun 18, 2022, 8:22:11 PM6/18/22
to san-francisco-randonneu...@googlegroups.com, San Francisco Randonneurs Announcements, SF Randonneurs, calrando
The Radonich Ranch website shows the address as:

25140 Highland Way, Los Gatos, CA 95033, US

which matches one of Rob's earlier emails

See you there,

Eric

--
The SFR Announcements group exists to allow announcements to be sent to SFR members (Gmail has strict limits for batch emails that requires this method of announcement delivery. You were added here by virtue of becoming an SFR member. Please stay subscribed and have your settings for the group at 'each email', otherwise you will miss (timely) announcements from SFR.
---

Greg Merritt

Jun 18, 2022, 8:49:10 PM6/18/22
to Eric Walstad, SF Randonneurs, San Francisco Randonneurs Announcements, calrando, san-francisco-randonneu...@googlegroups.com
I’m expecting to find the venue at about a two-mile ride ~SE of the Summit Store.

-Greg

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "California Randonneurs" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/calrando/CAAunkdP34WEQN6wib4LVt944JGuU%2BraQNZvy6O%2Byf87U1uENNQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Sourav Das

Jun 19, 2022, 1:00:56 AM6/19/22
to Greg Merritt, Eric Walstad, SF Randonneurs, San Francisco Randonneurs Announcements, calrando, san-francisco-randonneu...@googlegroups.com
I will be at the Los Gatos Coffee Roasting Co in Downtown Los Gatos at 10.30 am if anyone wants to ride.

Not looking for a workout so maybe we can take a dirt connector trail next to 17 to get to Old Santa Cruz Hwy instead of going around the Lexington Reservoir.

Sourav