FS: 60cm Box Dog Pelican Randonneur

jim g

Nov 20, 2021, 9:26:12 PM11/20/21
to SF Randonneurs
Hi All,  I'm considering selling my 2013 700C Box Dog Pelican randonneur, and I'd love to see it go to someone in the SFR community.  The seat tube is 60cm center-center (or 62cm center-top), and the top tube is 59cm.  This is a low-trail bike, with a head angle of 73 degrees, fork offset around 60mm, and the resultant trail is about 40mm with 700x32mm tires.  For more background, see https://www.boxdogbikes.com/pelican-full.  I purchased this frame in 2013 as the first of the made-by-Winter Cycles batch, and have meticulously cared for it since then.  With the exception of two minute scratches, it is in as-new condition.  A complete album of photos of the bike is available on my Flickr account - https://flickr.com/photos/jimg/albums/72157632253835795/

I have equipped this bicycle with a self-made custom front rack & decaleur, Zugster front rando bag, a custom super-bright LED dyno-powered headlamp with remote switch, and a vintage tail lamp with LED bulb retrofit.  The drivetrain is mostly 9spd Ultegra 6500 series with Dura-Ace downtube shifters.  SON 28 front hub.  Tektro 720 cantilever brakes.  Mavic Open Pro rear and MA3 front rims supporting Gradd Bois Cypress tires.  Velo-Orange fenders.  Nitto B115 handlebars.  I have a spare fork in Pelican blue that I will include.

I really enjoy this Pelican, but I prefer riding my self-made, custom 650B randonneur.  As such, I've barely ridden this bike.

I would like to sell either the frame/fork/fenders/front rack/decaleur/Zugster bag for $2000, or the complete bike (saddle not included) for $3000.  Local sale only, I do not want to ship.

Please contact me via private email with any questions.

Thanks!
-Jim Gourgoutis

image.png

--