YES ON A --MARIN COUNTY

Ernesto Montenero

Jun 2, 2022, 2:36:10 PMJun 2
to San Francisco Randonneurs

In case some of you did not know about it.  Please see below form the Main County bicycle coalition.

This is to extend funding for Open space projects.

The MCBC has an active off-road group that works on keeping and getting access to trails in Marin.

Saludos,

Ernesto

Ernesto Montenero

Sustainable technologies

1800 Orion St.

Alameda, CA 94501

510-523-1122

www.sustech.cc

Hi Ernesto,

Measure A, the Marin Parks and Open Space funding measure will be on the June 7, 2022 ballot. We encourage you to Vote Yes on Measure A!

Some enhancements that have been implemented with Measure A funds since it was originally passed in 2012 include:

  • Ponti Ridge Trail near Marinwood
  • Old Railroad Grade in Fairfax rerouted and a bridge was constructed at “the plunge,” enhancing a key connector trail between Loma Alta and White Hill.
  • New riding opportunities in Giacomini Open Space Preserve with the opening of Boulder Springs Trail, Contour Trail, Candelero Trail and Hunt Camp Trail.
  • Val Vista Trail and Octopus Trail built to improve flow and connectivity in Mill Valley’s Camino Alto and Blithedale Ridge Open Space Preserves.
  • North Marin improvements include Stafford Lake Bike ParkEagle Rim Trail on Mount Burdell and the recently opened Blue Oak and Lucky Spur trails at Rush Creek.
  • Repaving of the Mill Valley-Sausalito Multi-use Pathway.

Vote YES on Measure A to ensure continued local funding to maintain parks where people live and a more inclusive and sustainable trail and pathway network for people on bicycles - without increasing taxes.

Measure A will also work to suppress wildfire and sea level rise risks, provide community grants and park programming, fund the purchase of new trail easements and parks in park-poor areas, update decades old facilities, and improve wayfinding signs.

For more information visit www.YesMarinParksOpenSpace.com

On June 7th, vote YES on Measure A.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me at t...@marinbike.org.

Sincerely,

Tom Boss
Off-Road & Events Director
Marin County Bicycle Coalition

Support More Off-Road Access in Marin

Our advocacy work is made possible by our members. Not a member? Join Marin County Bicycle Coalition today.