Belgium G rims with Rene Herse tires

kws...@gmail.com

May 15, 2023, 6:02:47 PM5/15/23
to San Francisco Randonneurs
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have Belgium G rims with Rene Herse tires installed? Tubeless or tubed? I just received a pair of 700C x 38 Barlow Pass tires and noticed in the provided instructions that  the tires require the G height of the rim to be 5.5-6.5mm. I reached out to Hed and they confirmed that the G height of the Belgium G is 5.3mm. I can't imagine .2mm would make much difference with a tubed tire, but maybe it would with a tubeless tire? I was having a heck of a time trying to get the tire to seat tubeless (unsuccessful), but that could have just been me not doing something right. Does anyone have an experience or input here? My intention was to run these tires tubeless but will run tubed, if needed. I would eventually like to run tubeless for more technical unpaved riding, so if these tires just won't work, can anyone recommended an alternative brand?

Thanks in advance!
-Kevin W.

JinUk Shin

May 15, 2023, 6:36:01 PM5/15/23
to kws...@gmail.com, San Francisco Randonneurs
Jan has this - https://www.renehersecycles.com/rim-and-tire-standards/ - looks like 5.3 is fine.

JinUk

This message is from the San Francisco Randonneurs list at sfra...@googlegroups.com
Search the archives at http://groups.google.com/group/sfrandon
For SFR's schedule and general information, visit http://sfrandonneurs.org/

Kevin J. Williams

May 15, 2023, 6:53:44 PM5/15/23
to JinUk Shin, San Francisco Randonneurs
Hey JinUk,

Thanks for the info! I actually consulted that link before posting this. Can you clarify why you say it looks like 5.3 is fine? I must be missing something. Are you referring to the spreadsheet of rim specs or something else? The Belgium G info listed there is for 650b.

--Kevin W.