Mendo Rain

m_f...@att.net

Apr 29, 2024, 12:18:08 PMApr 29
to sfra...@googlegroups.com

I am registered to ride the Mendocino Coast this weekend and had hoped to camp at the overnight control.

Unfortunately, the forecast is looking increasingly wet.  I don’t mind riding in the rain on the first day, but suspect it will be hard to wake up early on the second day, motivated to get on the bike in the rain (I also don’t really want to leave my bike out in the rain overnight).  So, I just reserved a room at a hotel in Cloverdale:

https://www.hotelsone.com/cloverdale-hotels-us/cloverdale-wine-country-inn-suites1.html?as=g&aid=442618108485&dsti=13432613&dstt=8&nid=1&gad_source=1&gclid=Cj0KCQjwir2xBhC_ARIsAMTXk84s5pV3PsroGXky6B33nvWgHA6yBT35kcC4N8fgT1U9DW_uFQqtzWQaAmaaEALw_wcB

It has two queen-size beds.  If you are doing this ride, too, and want to share the room, it would be about $100 and you’ll have to ride extra miles on the first day . . . .

Send me an email or text if you’re interested:

Mike Fretz

m_f...@att.net

510-919-5576

Abrar Kazi

Apr 30, 2024, 2:48:48 PMApr 30
to m_f...@att.net, sfra...@googlegroups.com

Hello Mike,
Is the room still available?

I am a slow rider, so did not reached out earlier

Thank you

This message is from the San Francisco Randonneurs list at sfra...@googlegroups.com
Search the archives at http://groups.google.com/group/sfrandon
For SFR's schedule and general information, visit http://sfrandonneurs.org/

Michael Fretz

Apr 30, 2024, 2:58:09 PMApr 30
to Abrar Kazi, sfra...@googlegroups.com
Yes, it is still available!

I was thinking of picking up the keys, if possible, when I pass through Cloverdale the first time.  If so, I could pick up two keys and leave one for you at the staffed control (campground)

Would that work?

Or, if you're in front of me, I could leave the key for at the same place.  I would just drop it off when I pass by the first time.

LMK what you think.

m_f...@att.net

May 3, 2024, 12:58:23 PMMay 3
to sfra...@googlegroups.com

Here’s a quick, last-minute offer to those riding the Mendocino Coast 600km on Saturday:

My roommate for the hotel in Cloverdale dropped off the start list today, so there is space available.  Check-out time is 11:00 AM.  So, no matter what time you arrive, there’s an opportunity for some sleep and a warm shower.

It looks like temperatures will be in the 30’s from 11:00 PM Saturday through 7:00 AM Sunday.  So, a hotel room is the best shot at drying off and warming up.

Mike Fretz

m_f...@att.net

510-919-5576