Volunteering for Brevet Week and your RBA getting some miles in

Rob Hawks

Jun 1, 2023, 1:54:09 PM6/1/23
to SF Randonneurs
HI all,

Offers for volunteers for Brevet Week which starts on the 10th are pretty slight. SFR his hosting both a 300km from SF to Davis and then a 200km from Davis to El Cerrito.

I can simplify and reduce the need for volunteers a lot if I cover:

DORC Saturday
Saturday 300km Start Control in SF
Saturday Bag drop from SF to Davis
Saturday 300km Finish control
Sunday 200km Start Control

I had hoped to do both days of riding myself, but if I do the above and get  a couple of key spots filled I could ride the 200km back from Davis at least.

So, Anyone willing to drive my car with the drop bags for 17 riders back from Davis to Richmond Annex or El Cerrito

And

Anyone willing to staff the finish control? We only have one volunteer to work the finish control so far. If I were doing the finish control I'd just do it at my house a mile from the BART station which might be better than sitting in a BART parking lot or at Starbucks for hours.

We'd need a Sunday DORC too.

rob

Vishal Powar

Jun 1, 2023, 4:56:54 PM6/1/23