Time Sensitive: Adding a color option to the SFR reflective vests: hi vis orange

Rob Hawks

May 26, 2023, 1:04:02 PM5/26/23
to SF Randonneurs
Hi all,

Just in case you declined to order the hi-vis yellow Voler reflective vest because you only wanted orange, Voler has put up an 2nd store for hi-vis orange.

We made the minimum for the yellow with enough buffer to suggest we could do the same for orange. Click the links between the images below to order the color vest you want from Voler:

NB: if you ordered yellow and only really want orange, send me a message no later than Sunday, May 28th to confirm a) the size of vest you ordered in Yellow and b) that you will trade your yellow vest in an unopened package as soon as you receive it for an orange vest in the same size.

image.png
image.png

image.png
image.png

rob hawks
SFR RBA

Rob Hawks

May 27, 2023, 11:10:21 PM5/27/23
to SF Randonneurs
HI all,

Just circling back. I got an email from my contact at Voler who said cancelling a yellow vest order is easy if you want to instead order an orange one.

Here is a quick link to their account which will help them get directly to their order history to cancel if they wish to do so
www.voler.com/account

Doing this this way is easier in the long run in that you won't have to travel or ship the vests to me to trade and any current order for a Yellow vest will refund on Monday when the order closes.

What will help me is if you make the change on Sunday so that on Monday I can see if either order needs extras to meet the minimum (probably not) and also I'll know which are more popular and therefore which ones for SFR to order for extras for late comers.

Also, I've asked if the price goes down if we order a certain amount but I won't know this until Tuesday at the earliest.

Thanks,
rob hawks

Drew Levitt

Jun 1, 2023, 5:37:27 PM6/1/23
to rob....@gmail.com, SF Randonneurs
Hi all,

I'm interested in an orange vest but unsure on sizing. Some of my measurements would suggest medium, others large. Folks who have a Voler vest, do they tend to run small/large/whatever?

Thanks for any guidance you can share!
 - Drew

This message is from the San Francisco Randonneurs list at sfra...@googlegroups.com
Search the archives at http://groups.google.com/group/sfrandon
For SFR's schedule and general information, visit http://sfrandonneurs.org/

Drew Levitt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Rob Hawks

Jun 1, 2023, 8:09:36 PM6/1/23
to Drew Levitt, SF Randonneurs
Drew,

Vests from Voler are race cut fit. If you wear Voler in club cut the vest will feel a little tighter. I don't think sizing up just for the vest is a necessary solution. I wear club cut jerseys from Voler but can wear the race cut vests in the same size. Others might not have the same experience.

rob

JinUk Shin

Jun 2, 2023, 7:09:23 PM6/2/23
to rob....@gmail.com, Drew Levitt, SF Randonneurs
Hey Drew - I usually wear Medium in Rapha, MAAP but can fit smalls if I want a tighter fit.  I picked up a reflective wind vest when SIR was selling one in a small and it fits like a small rapha gillet would - tight but not uncomfortable.  I'm not sure I'd be able to wear a thermal jacket underneath this but I can definitely wear this through summer nights.

JinUk