FW: [San-Francisco-Randonneurs-Announcements] SFR News: June 2024

m_f...@att.net

Jun 7, 2024, 12:50:37 PMJun 7
to sfra...@googlegroups.com

Hi:

I want to highlight what Kim Freitas did on the Mendo Coast brevet.  I was one of four riders to start that day and would not have finished without her support.  It was a very hard event, especially on the first day where I constantly battled rain, wind and other challenges.  A lot of the other volunteers are listed because they were supporting a Populaire on Sunday.  Kim made the 600k event happen.

She met us at the start, signed us in, took our drop bags in her car, splitting out items we might want at hotels we reserved, dropped some items at two different hotels in Cloverdale (writing a note of encouragement to be given to me upon check-in) , set-up camp in the Anderson Valley, texted/called us throughout the day to make sure we were OK, woke up from her rest when I arrived at Indian Creek to make sure I was well fed, warm and ready to take on the last 36 miles of a 260-mile day that ended in Cloverdale.  On Sunday, she was also at the finish control with my drop bag after supporting the other riders who got to Indian Creek throughout the night and early morning.  She cheered my arrival even though she wasn’t assigned to the finish control.  It was as if I had done something special for her!

I have never felt such comprehensive support by an SFR volunteer at any previous brevet.

Thank you, Kim!