0 samples/sec

Brian Edmisten

Sep 1, 2017, 7:20:02 PM9/1/17
to sFlowTrend
This is my first time using sflowtrend and I am hoping this is an easy one I just don't see the problem.

I installed it on a CentOS 7 box and I have another CentOS box with pmacctd installed acting as a sfprobe sending data to the first one.

sflowtrend says 0 samples/sec, however if I get on the sflowtrend box and run tcpdump I can see a lot of sflow traffic coming its way.  I don't see any logs other than me logging to the sflowtrend web interface.  Is there some place I can look to find out why sflowtrend is not accepting the output of pmacctd?

Thanks in advance.

Stuart Johnston

Sep 2, 2017, 12:13:26 PM9/2/17
to sflow...@googlegroups.com
Brian,

It’s likely that you have a firewall (iptables or firewalld) blocking UDP:6343 (assuming that’s the port you are using for sFlow). tcpdump runs before iptables in the stack, so you will still see the traffic there even if it is blocked. Can you try to disable the firewall, and see if that helps?

Stuart