Re: Network Counters not shownup

Harish Reddy Gadige

Nov 30, 2020, 4:42:25 AM11/30/20
to sflow...@googlegroups.com
Adding to it, I am able to see other counters Network -> Top N & Network -> Root Cause.
Even Network -> Interfaces  (interface,ifIndex,ifSpeed) shows fine, but not Utilisation (%), Unicasts/s.

Thanks,
-Harish

On Mon, Nov 30, 2020 at 10:07 AM Harish Reddy Gadige <harish...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi All,

In sFlowTrend GUI with no SNMP & listening for CLI configured sFlow, i don't see counters showing up (Network -> Counters).
On tcpdump, observing sFlow sample type is Flow sample (1) not the Counters sample (2). Is this the reason? If yes, what are the changes to do? Do we need any additional features to support it?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
-Harish

Harish Reddy Gadige

Nov 30, 2020, 4:42:25 AM11/30/20
to sflow...@googlegroups.com

sgjohnston

Nov 30, 2020, 4:45:14 AM11/30/20
to sFlowTrend
Hi Harish,

You are correct, the reason you can't see Network>Counters is because there are no sFlow counter samples being sent from the switch. Network>TopN and Root Cause only use the flow samples.

You should be able to configure the switch to send counter samples. I would suggest a polling interval of 20 or 30 seconds for counter samples.

regards,
Stuart

Harish Reddy Gadige

Nov 30, 2020, 2:29:27 PM11/30/20
to sflow...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stuart,

Thanks a lot for the confirmation.
This really helps. i will check on configuring to send counter samples. will get back to you incase any questions. Good Day!

Thanks,
-Harish