Resolve Windows names on Linux

Jack McDowell

Aug 6, 2017, 12:55:19 AM8/6/17
to sFlowTrend
I have SflowTrend running on an ubuntu VM so I don't have to deal with it on the Windows host, but I noticed that the main attractive feature, windows name resolving is gone in Linux. I set up the linux server to be able to resolve windows names and I can do that from the CLI but SflowTrend still doesn't get it. Any solutions or suggestions? Running Ubuntu 16.04. Thanks.

sgjohnston

Aug 7, 2017, 4:21:30 AM8/7/17
to sFlowTrend
It shouldn't make any difference to name resolution whether sFlowTrend is installed on Linux or Windows. They both use the standard Java name resolution, which in turn uses the system name resolution. Can you try to resolve one of the addresses that isn't resolving (e.g. 10.0.0.1) at the command line (e.g. dig -x 10.0.0.1), does this work?

Stuart