sflowovsd: syntax error on line 0 of /etc/hsflowd.auto

Petteri M

Dec 23, 2015, 6:16:06 PM12/23/15
to sFlowTrend
Good day,

I just installed hsflowd and sflowtrend on my Debian 8.2.0 system. Build the former package using make deb, and the latter just by installing the version 6.2 deb. I edited the /etc/hsflowd.conf file and uncommented the lines for the default collector.

It seems that hsflowd is starting ok, but hsflowovsd is not. I get this in syslog:

Dec 23 13:59:19 Router systemd[1]: Starting LSB: Host sFlow Daemon...
Dec 23 13:59:19 Router systemd[1]: Started LSB: Host sFlow Daemon.
Dec 23 13:59:19 Router sflowovsd: started
Dec 23 13:59:25 Router sflowovsd: syntax error on line 1 of /etc/hsflowd.auto: must start with rev_start=<int>
Dec 23 13:59:25 Router sflowovsd: syntax error on line 0 of /etc/hsflowd.auto: missing non-zero revision numbers rev_start, rev_end
Dec 23 13:59:25 Router sflowovsd: syntax error on line 0 of /etc/hsflowd.auto: missing agent=<deviceName>

The file hsflowd.auto is empty. What am I missing here? It seems that hsflow-trend is starting normally as I can access the web interface but I see no data, it says "monitoring routers 0, servers 0" but "connected to router". The intended use is to use the NFLOG interface to get data from iptables. The collector and the server all run on the same machine as well as trend.

Sonia Panchen

Dec 24, 2015, 5:09:13 AM12/24/15
to sflow...@googlegroups.com
It looks as if this is not a problem with sFlowTrend. Instead it appears to be a problem with hsflowd config. Try setting DNSSD=off in /etc/hsflowd.conf and then "sudo service hsflowd restart”. If you are still having problems with this hsflowd/sflowovsd, then you may be able to get more detailed help from the Host sFlow mailing list (see http://www.sflow.net/participate.php).