Starting with sFlow

Govind Prasad

Apr 16, 2016, 5:56:42 AM4/16/16
to sFlowTrend
I want to use sflow to monitor the traffic on 1 switch. The switch is accessible through a Linux PC and I have the access to that linux PC. Please guide me how to proceed with the installation and configuration of sflow agent and sflow collector as I am a bit confused where to start with.

Regards,
Govind

Sonia Panchen

Apr 18, 2016, 4:37:09 AM4/18/16
to sflow...@googlegroups.com
Your switch must support sFlow - there is a list of switches that support sFlow at http://www.sflow.org/products/network.php, or consult your switch documentation. Follow your switch vendor’s instructions for configuring sFlow. Some examples are given in the sFlowTrend help http://www.inmon.com/products/sFlowTrend/help/html/appendix.switch-sflow.html

If you intend to use sFlowTrend as the sFlow collector/analyser, the documentation provides instructions on installation (http://www.inmon.com/products/sFlowTrend/help/html/)