SflowTrend not working

Shane Hanson

Dec 31, 2015, 4:03:36 AM12/31/15
to sFlowTrend
Hello

I'm running sFlowTrend 6.2 on a windows 2k8 R2 VM with the latest JDK. I can confirm that the box is seeing sflow traffic on 6343 (using wireshark) and that is the port that sFlowTrendis listening on. However it's not receiving packets from any agents other than 0.0.0.0. (i.e. the green light RHS does not flash)

I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have also re-installed after deleting the directory c:\programdata\inmon

Any suggestions before I give up totally?

Thanks

SHANE

Stuart Johnston

Dec 31, 2015, 4:10:22 AM12/31/15
to sflow...@googlegroups.com
Shane,

If sFlowTrend is showing 0.0.0.0 as an agent, then you will have a switch using this address as the agent. Some vendors default to this address, which is not very useful. Can you check this on your switches, and configure the agent address there?

If sFlowTrend still isn't showing data, then one other thing to confirm is that a host firewall isn't blocking udp:6343. The Windows firewall needs to be configured as Administrator to allow it, since the service runs as Administrator. Also, wireshark inserts itself before the firewall, so that's not a good indication that things are ok. It's always worth trying temporarily disabling the firewall to test if this is the problem.

Regards,
Stuart

Stuart Johnston

Dec 31, 2015, 2:08:53 PM12/31/15
to sflow...@googlegroups.com
Shane,

If sFlowTrend is showing 0.0.0.0 as an agent, then you will have a switch using this address as the agent. Some vendors default to this address, which is not very useful. It is not a valid address, and doesn't mean the local agent. Can you check this on your switches, and configure the agent address there?

If sFlowTrend still isn't showing data, then one other thing to confirm is that a host firewall isn't blocking udp:6343. The Windows firewall needs to be configured as Administrator to allow it, since the service runs as Administrator. Also, wireshark inserts itself before the firewall, so that's not a good indication that things are ok. It's always worth trying temporarily disabling the firewall to test if this is the problem.

Regards,
Stuart

Shane Hanson

Jan 4, 2016, 10:49:24 PM1/4/16
to sFlowTrend
Gidday, yep that's exactly what it was, configure the agent address on my switches the it jumped into life.

Thanks heaps for your help!

SHANE