MAC address format for filters

rako

Nov 3, 2018, 11:29:16 AM11/3/18
to sFlowTrend
Hello,

seems sflowtrend requires MAC addresses in filters with all uppercase letters and without any separators - e.g. 00AA11BB22CC.

However, the usual MAC address format on network equipment typically uses lowercase letters and some separators like these:
00aa.11bb.22cc
00aa-11bb-22cc
00:aa:11:bb:22:cc

Would it be possible to accept lowercase letters and discard any separators in sflowtrend, in order to be able to directly paste MAC addresses copied from e.g. ethernet switch?

Thanks.

sgjohnston

Nov 3, 2018, 4:39:13 PM11/3/18
to sFlowTrend
The problem with changing the format is the filter is evaluated using JavaScript when running the query - so the expression used needs to be JavaScript. You could use a regular expression, but I suspect this would be more hassle than benefit. We'll look at alternatives, but I'm not sure there's a good solution.

Stuart

rako

Nov 4, 2018, 4:03:16 AM11/4/18
to sFlowTrend
Thanks, if nothing else is feasible, then at least using toUpperCase() will surely help.

Dňa sobota, 3. novembra 2018 21:39:13 UTC+1 sgjohnston napísal(-a):