sflow loadbalancing

Mehdi Moshiri

Jun 24, 2018, 6:19:09 AM6/24/18
to sFlow
Hi
If we gather the sflow traffic from high speed switch how we can load balance the sflow traffic on the analysis servers?
Thanks

Peter Phaal

Jun 24, 2018, 12:53:32 PM6/24/18
to sFlow
On Sunday, June 24, 2018 at 3:19:09 AM UTC-7, Mehdi Moshiri wrote:
If we gather the sflow traffic from high speed switch how we can load balance the sflow traffic on the analysis servers?

A single server can easily collect sFlow from hundreds of sFlow agents. If you exceed the capacity of a single server you can distribute the agents among members of a pool of servers.

If you have multiple servers that want to monitor the same agent then you can either get the agent to send datagrams to each server. Alternatively, the analysis server can replicate the UDP datagrams and send them to additional servers. You can use sflowtool as a replicator:

Mehdi Moshiri

Jun 27, 2018, 12:16:31 AM6/27/18
to sFlow
 what is the sflowtool load balancing method to replicate the input sflow stream to several collectors?how sflowtool detect must be replicate?