Getting different metrics from mininet

Mohamed Oualla

Sep 10, 2022, 4:02:30 PM9/10/22
to sFlow
Hello all, I am glad to be here with you

Please I need help, I want to ask if there is a way or a tool to make results of packets statistics from mininet into a csv file or a plot , for example getting the results of iperf test or http test and plot it to see metrics like delay, jitter or lost packets...?

Why do I need that? Because I want to show results of how packets are treated with and without an SDN controller. Please if I am wrong or have another suggestion let me know.

Thank you!

Peter Phaal

Sep 10, 2022, 4:19:35 PM9/10/22
to sFlow
You may want to take mininet-dashboard:

The dashboard provides an up to the second view of traffic flowing over the Mininet topology.

Unfortunately, the Mininet dataplane (OVS) doesn't include the instrumentation needed to support sFlow latency / queuing and dropped packet measurements:

Instrumentation to support these extensions is included in current generation switch ASICs.