NFSEN error: "missing collector 'sfcapd' for type 'sflow' "

pong kan

Oct 7, 2019, 12:38:19 PM10/7/19
to sFlow
Hello,

Can anyone help me enable sfcapd for sflow collector in our nfsen tool that is currently working with netflow/nfdump?

I've added new device that only supports sflow but upon changing the nfsen.conf configuration file, I received the error below;

Source 'device-hostname': missing collector 'sfcapd' for type 'sflow'Died at ./nfsen line 456.

There's so many old articles available (sample article is below) that netflow can work together with sflow but there's no instruction how to do it that would work with nfsen without compatibility issues.
I'm also afraid to do the installation in production in a trial and error approach as changes could cause interruption in our production.

I hope you could give me helpful information how I could do it.

Thank you.

Peter Phaal

Oct 7, 2019, 1:35:34 PM10/7/19
to sFlow
This looks like an issue with nfsen:

You might find a solution on the nfsen mailing list:

As a workaround, consider using sflowtool to covert sFlow to NetFlow so that nfsen's NetFlow module can handle it.