Send few packets of each flow in sFlow

Van Tong

Nov 12, 2020, 10:14:19 AM11/12/20
to sFlow
Hi alls,

I am a newbie about sFlow. Now I am implementing the experiments about traffic analysis with mininet and controller ONOS. I followed this tutorial to configure sFlow on each switch and collected traffic successfully with sflowtool
However, I only want each switch to send few packets of each flow to sFlow Collector, not all the packets of flow after sampling.
Do anybody know how to do this?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Van

Peter Phaal

Nov 12, 2020, 12:09:35 PM11/12/20
to sFlow
It's not possible, sFlow’s random packet sampling mechanism is stateless by design. All packets have an equal probability of being sampled irrespective of the flow they belong to.

Since you are using Mininet, you might find the sFlow-RT Mininet Dashboard useful:

Van Tong

Nov 12, 2020, 1:10:14 PM11/12/20
to sFlow
Hi Peter,

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
Van

Vào lúc 18:09:35 UTC+1 ngày Thứ Năm, 12 tháng 11, 2020, Peter Phaal đã viết: