Docker - sflow/vizceral

SFlow Testing

Feb 6, 2023, 10:00:59 AM2/6/23
to sFlow-RT
Hello together,

I've been using the docker image "sflow/vizceral" for some time now.
Since using this image, two questions came to my mind:
1: Which version of Vizceral is used in this image?
2: How was the file "vizceral.min.js" created? Which minifier was used and which files from the original Vizceral Repository are included in "vizceral.min.js"?

Here are the links to all the relevant repositorys:
Docker image: sflow/vizceral
According Github repository: sflow-rt/vizceral ---> contains "vizceral.min.js"
Original Vizceral repository: Netflix/vizceral

Thank you for the help in advance

Peter Phaal

Feb 6, 2023, 12:01:06 PM2/6/23
to sFlow-RT
The Netflix/vizceral project is no longer actively maintained, but it did inspire the sflow/particle visualization that is a supported part of the sFlow-RT distribution.

It's been 5 years since I looked at the code. I don't know for sure, but I believe that sflow/vizceral uses the 4.5.0 release of Vizceral since that was available at the time the sFlow-RT demonstration was created. At the time an online demonstration of Vizceral was available and I believe the vizceral.min.js file was copied from the demonstration, so I don't now how it was created. vizceral.min.js contains all the elements needed to run Vizceral. You should be able to create vizceral.min.js from the repo sources using webpack.

SFlow Testing

Feb 9, 2023, 8:51:28 AM2/9/23
to sFlow-RT
Hello Peter

Thank you, i appreciate the quick response.

I have two more questions.
Do you have a link to the demonstration? I searched for a while but i couldn't find it.
If not, do you have a guess on which files could be included in the vizceral.min.js file?

Again, thank you, you helped me to come a bit further in my little project.

Peter Phaal

Feb 22, 2023, 10:49:23 AM2/22/23
to sFlow-RT
I don't think the demonstration is available anymore. I believe the vizceral.min.js file was created using webpack, so it should be possible to figure out the dependecies using vizceral's webpack config file:

You might also try webpack-bundle-analyzer to see what's in vizceral.min.js

Sorry I can't be of more help. It's been a long time since I looked at this project.