sflow

Nour Elimane Elbey

Apr 27, 2022, 11:40:35 AM4/27/22
to sFlow-RT
hi there,
is there any way that can help me to collect data about link bandwidth in mininet

Peter Phaal

Apr 27, 2022, 12:02:13 PM4/27/22
to sFlow-RT
You could try the Mininet Dashboard app, https://github.com/sflow-rt/mininet-dashboard

Peter Phaal

Apr 27, 2022, 1:19:45 PM4/27/22
to Nour Elimane Elbey, sFlow-RT
Please don't drop the group when you reply.

The bandwidth of the links needs to be defined when you build your mininet topology, e.g.

sudo mn --custom sflow-rt/extras/sflow.py --link tc,bw=10 \
--topo tree,depth=4,fanout=2

The above example sets the bandwidth to 10 Mbit/s. Unfortunately, the tc bandwidth limit isn't visible to Open vSwitch, so it is incorrectly reported in the sFlow feed. However, it isn't hard to look at the reported bit/s charts in the dashboard and convert to utilization since you know the configured effective bandwidth.

On Wed, Apr 27, 2022 at 9:43 AM Nour Elimane Elbey <elbeynou...@gmail.com> wrote:
I try it but it did not give the information I need like the bandwidth of each link in topology