sFlow-RT with containernet and ONOS

Rohan Suri

Sep 20, 2021, 10:44:28 AM9/20/21
to sFlow-RT
Hi everyone,

I am looking for some way to use sFlow RT with my containernet (Fork of mininet which allows you to run docker containers as host) and ONOS as the controller. I cannot figure out how to do so.

Peter Phaal

Sep 20, 2021, 1:42:59 PM9/20/21
to sFlow-RT

I tried running sFlow-RT with Containernet:

Make sure you use the latest version of sFlow-RT (3.0-1614) since I had to modify sflow.py script to work with Python3.

Rohan Suri

Sep 22, 2021, 8:15:55 AM9/22/21
to sFlow-RT
Hi thanks for the reply.

For those who are using containernet on ubuntu. I have a small edited tutorial-

1. Goto the directory of where you have your topology.

./sflow-rt/get-app.sh sflow-rt mininet-dashboard

2. exec containernet -- ./sflow-rt/start.sh

3. exec(open("./sflow-rt/extras/sflow.py").read())
add the above code to the containernet.py topology

4. sudo python3 containernet_example.py

Regards,
Rohan Suri

Fatemeh Ali Akbari

Oct 12, 2021, 10:51:11 AM10/12/21
to sFlow-RT
Dear Rohan,

I have been working on ONOS Telemetry app, but I have a problem with INTCollector database. So, I decided to find another method for telemetry and collecting data besides ONOS. I was wondering if you would let me know the exact procedure that you have had for integrating ONOS and sFlow-RT. In the previous message, you mentioned the repository have the topology. Would you please let me know the repository used?

Best regards,
Fatemeh

Rohan Suri

Oct 14, 2021, 10:25:51 AM10/14/21
to sFlow-RT
You can send me a dm on rohan...@tu-ilmenau.de for better understanding about the implementation required. I would also like to know about the telemetry methods you are implementing and how is it different from sFlow. At the end I will write the solution here for others who are interested.

Nour Elimane Elbey

Apr 27, 2022, 11:40:35 AM4/27/22
to sFlow-RT
Hi rohan,
did you program your controller with python?